Defense Against Assault Charges
Assault is a serious crime with serious consequences. If you find yourself charged with assault, you owe it to yourself to have your side of the story heard. The attorneys with Oleisky & Oleisky, P.A., can help. We have experienced and knowledgeable attorneys who have successfully defended assault charges.
Our peers have voted both our attorneys, Robert Oleisky and Jill Oleisky, as Super Lawyers in Minnesota Law and Politics magazine for the past 10 years. They have earned this distinction due to their dedication to their clients’ needs and their respect for the integrity of the law.
How Minnesota Classifies Assault Crimes
There are several degrees of assault classified in Minnesota state law:
- First-degree assault – infliction of great bodily harm
- Second-degree assault – assault with a dangerous weapon
- Third-degree assault – infliction of substantial bodily harm/attack of a minor
- Fourth-degree assault – infliction of demonstrable bodily harm or assault motivated by bias (race, creed, color, etc.)
- Fifth-degree assault – an act meant to cause fear of bodily harm or a failed attempt to cause bodily harm
Available At Your Convenience
The professional attorneys with Oleisky & Oleisky, P.A., can help you understand the law and how it applies to your case. Just call us at 612-332-3100 now. If it’s after business hours, leave a message and we’ll return your call as soon as we can.